COVID – 19
Please help HOPE’s missionary staff and dedicated volunteers to respond to the poor during this great time of need.
Family Grocery Parcel Distribution
Groceries will be distributed under an open tent on HOPE’s campus.
Distribution will happen two days each week from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Those requesting this service will have to complete an application and
meet criteria that demonstrates need.
- A minister, lay minister or chaplain will be available for prayer and counsel.
Hot Meals To Go
Hot meals will be shared under an open tent on HOPE’s campus.
Our goal is to serve one meal daily from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. First come first serve. No application is required.
Academic Reinforcement & Enrichment
Conducted in a ventilated and isolated area on HOPE’s campus, conducive to social distancing of students and staff, we will work alongside a small group of students to reinforce and assist with their academics
Our goal is to conduct this ministry from Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
At this time, this ministry requires an application and approval is based upon need!
The student’s family must meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Lives at or below poverty
- Being raised by someone other than a birth parent
- Either parent did not graduate high school,
- Is in the military (active duty, deployment or veteran)
- Is an English language learner
- Incarcerated or disabled
- Being raised by a single parent. Or other need verified by HOPE’s case manager, school recommendation or DSS
A local minister or trained lay leader will facilitate a time to discuss how the pandemic protocols are affecting them, share appropriate scripture readings and prayer for students who wish to participate.
HOPE’s budget for our Coronavirus Response is $1,600.00 weekly and our launch depends upon your response. This is above our regular operating budget to continue our ongoing programs that are vital to local and global poverty and disaster relief and our faith response to our inner city worshiping community .We need financial assistance and volunteers at our inner city rescue campus in Portsmouth, VA.